Make Dreams Real Endowment Fund Exceeds $1-Million Goal | CSPnet
Make Dreams Real Endowment Fund Exceeds $1-Million Goal
Boyett Petroleum’s golf tournament puts charity over top
Published in CSP Daily News
MODESTO, Calif. — The Make Dreams Real Endowment Fund, founded by The Boyett Family, hosted the 26th Annual Make Dreams Real Golf Tournament on May 14, 2015.
The tournament, played at three courses—Del Rio Golf and Country Club, Oakdale Golf and Country Club and Saddle Creek Golf Resort (Copperopolis)—was sponsored by 85 businesses and individuals, with 310 golfers participating.
With the help of the donors and more than 75 volunteers, the tournament raised approximately $306,000 for the Make Dreams Real Endowment Fund. The Endowment Fund has exceeded its 2016 goal of a $1-million balance, with a current balance of nearly $1.1 million. The fund distributes 10% of the balance annually as grant funding throughout Stanislaus County, Calif.
Boyett Petroleum’s “Cruisers” gas stations and convenience stores also collected donations during April and May during their annual “Send a Kid to Camp” campaign, collecting more than $15,000 from customers throughout the community.
The Boyett family established the Make Dreams Real Endowment Fund in 2009 to provide financial support for children’s programs in the county. The fund has awarded more than $280,000 in grant funding since its inception. The Stanislaus Community Foundation administers the fund, which conducts fundraising solely through the annual Make Dreams Real Golf Tournament.
Boyett Petroleum underwrites the entire cost of the tournament so that every dollar received goes into the endowment fund with absolutely no deductions.
Past recipients of Make Dreams Real Endowment Fund grants include:
- Society for Disabilities, Adapted Bike Camp
- Salida Union School District, Foothill Horizon’s Outdoor Education Camp
- Stanislaus Union School District, Foothill Horizon’s Outdoor Education Camp
- Empire Union School District, Foothill Horizon’s Outdoor Education Camp
- Cardozo Middle School, Foothill Horizon’s Outdoor Education Camp
- Girl Scouts Heart of Central California, Outreach Program
- C.A.S.A. of Stanislaus County
- Modesto Symphony Orchestra- Youth Program
- Tuolumne River Adventure Club (TRAC)
- Oakdale Education Foundation
- Riverbank Language Academy, Foothill Horizon’s Outdoor Education Camp
- National Ag Science Center, Summer Science Camp
Organizations with programs that are aligned with the Make Dreams Real Endowment Fund’s mission, vision and grant guidelines are encouraged to apply for funding annually. The 2015 grant application period concluded June 1, 2015. The fund will announce award recipients later this month.
The next Make Dreams Real Annual Golf Tournament will be May 19, 2016.
Modesto, Calif.-based Boyett Petroleum offers a variety of products and services nationwide, including wholesale fuel sales, retail and petroleum management services, agricultural fuel sales and the Cruise Americard universal fleet fueling card. It operates more than 50 retail locations under the Cruisers, Boyett Petroleum and Kwik Serv brands.